Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mr. BunBun visits.

About 3 months ago I found this little bunny when he was just a baby. He and another bunny were hidden in some long grass when I was out weeding and I caught him. He lived on our back porch until he was all grown up and on July 3rd we took him way out to the back field and let him loose in a big brush pile. For the past week or so he had been hanging out around the back yard right where I first found him. Last night and tonight he was out there and I fed him some carrots. Gary has let the grass grow so he can hide in it and he loves to nibble on it. We can tell it is him as he has a very tiny white spot on the top of his head right between his ears and a white streak down his side. He also will just sit there and let us walk up to him. He won't let us catch him but he isn't afraid of us.



He is coming to get the carrots. I am so glad to see that he is surviving out in the wild. Ibet he misses the fan that Gary used to put on him to keep him cool, but he doesn't seem to want to come back in. I guess he thinks he has the best of both worlds in the backyard. I hope he will stay here and keep visiting us.






No comments: