Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Stephanie, Tanek, Hannah and I went to the 4th of July Parade in Keystone. It was "HOT", but we enjoyed it. My favorite part is seeing the duck walking in the parade. How do you get a duck to walk in a parade? Especially with the firetrucks blaring their sirens ? He just keeps walking along. Very cute.
To say it was hot is an understatement. It was really hot. The crowds didn't seem nearly as big this year to me. Maybe because all the "northern family" wasn't there this year? Anyway, Hannah and Tanek came home with lots of candy.
After we got home it was time to jump in the pool. I got in long enough to get cooled off and then fixed lunch. After lunch Hannah's Aunt Jennie, Uncle Danny and cousins Shea and Chelsea came by to see her before they went back home. After they left we all got back in the pool for about 2-3 hours. The water was SO nice. It was 92 degrees which felt perfect. The temperature was about 100 out there. Here is Hannah with her papa.

Hannah is like a little fish. I think she could stay in the water all day. It was definitely her favorite part of being in Florida. While we were swimming Hannah's Gaga and Papa Ed came by to see her and tell her good-bye.

After a long afternoon of swimming we came in to relax. I made some chocalate milkshakes and we all watched a movie in the a/c. Well some of us watched the movie. One little guy had worn himself out while swimming. And yes he is swimming. He jumps off the pool and swims to you. Not a long long way, but he is on his way. He too would stay in all day.
Pretty little Hannah all sunkissed from the Florida sun. Doesn't she look pretty? Her papa brushed her hair out. He loves to sit and brush it and has the patience to brush it out strand by strand. She is "VERY" tenderheaded. She liked him to brush it and not me.

Papa chillin out in his chair.

At night we did some sparklers. That was fun. I hadn't done sparklers in years and they are still fun.

It was a pretty good 4th of July. Very laid back. We didn't have nearly the people here that we usually do but it was still a lot of fun. Today I take Hannah down to Orlando to fly home tomorrow. I think she is ready to get back home. She had some moments of homesickness. This was her first trip away by herself. I think she had a good time and she said she wanted to come back next summer for her T.A.N time. (Time alone with Nana). I am hoping she will

Tanek and his mommy doing sparklers.








3 comments:

Alice said...

that's wonderful that you and hannah got some time together. i'm sure she had a great visit! i know you'll hate to see her go back home- lol! - that just gives you a reason to go back for another visit :O)

Karen said...

I loooooove that Papa brushed out her hair - how sweet! I know you'll miss her, and I'm sure she made memories that she'll never forget. That first trip by themselves is a big life moment!

Florida Girl said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun with your T.A.N. time. Hannah is a beautiful girl and I love her pretty Florida tan on her shoulders that she gets to take back up North.

Tanek wearing himself out swimming reminds me of the hours and hours a day I spent in our pool growing up. Those are the nights that kids sleep the best.