Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Another sign of Spring!

I love to watch birds. This time of year they are everywhere. We have 5 baby bluebirds in our bluebird house out back. It is fun to watch the mom & dad bird going back and forth all day long feeding the hungry little babies. Then when they are about 2 weeks old they leave their house and fly away. They do come back occasionally for a visit to their homestead. Right now we have a yard full of finches. They are everywhere and litterally empty out their seed bags in one day. I don't know how many bags of thistle I have bought this year to feed these little guys. They are now turning bright yellow which means they will soon fly north. I hate to see them leave, but they are pretty pricey to feed.


You can see how yellow they are getting. There are usually a lot more birds on these bags, but these are the ones that were brave enough to hang on when I got near to take their picture.




No comments: