Monday, August 17, 2009

My Birthday at Disney!

Today Stephanie, Tanek and I went to Disney for my birthday. Because we have season passes and they are giving free admission on your birthday you get a gift card for the amount of admission which is $79.00. Soooo, we went to pick it up and spend the day. We had a great day and I was happy to be able to spend it with Stephanie and Tanek.

We rode Dumbo, the Tea cups, the carousel and then it was going to rain, so we decided to go have lunch. We just got to the covered walkway to the monorail and it started pouring. So, we went and had lunch at the Polynesian Hotel. After the rain the tempature dropped and there was nice breeze. Made the rest of the day very pleasant. After lunch Tanek wanted to go to Epcot so we went there and did a few things.

Here we are at the Polynesian Hotel. It is so neat and so tropical. I love going there if only for lunch.


Then on to Epcot. I love their landscaping. I could go there just to see that.

After Epcot we went to Downtown Disney. This is one of Tanek's favorite places. He LOVES the lego store. He is happy to just go there. His goal today was to get a lego dump truck. He played with the lego's while Stephanie and I had a frozen lemonade. I had to catch pictures of him climbing up on the table to reach the lego's. This first one looks like he was going to take a nose dive into the lego bin, but he didn't.

He was so cute to watch. He just kept climbing up on the lego table to reach the lego's. He was having a great time.

I don't like lego's...at all! I don't like puzzels, I don't like to quilt. I don't like putting pieces of anything together. He always ask me if I like lego's and I always tell him no. He loves them and wants me to like them and I just don't. I don't mind the big pieces too much, but I really hate the little tiny pieces. I always tell him to not bring them to my house. When he does I try to work with him on them, but I just don't have the love for them he does.


He was totally engrossed in putting these little pieces together.



Tanek did get his dump truck set of Lego's. After he got them he was ready to go home. We got in the car and after a long and tiring day he held his box of lego's as was out. The only time he takes a nap is when we come home from Disney or from the beach. He was completely content with his new box of legos. Another good day at Disney.















2 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Looks like you had a great birthday!! These sleeping lego pictures after a day at Disney are starting to become a tradition! I'm looking forward to seeing his leg collection through those pictures. Please accept my sincere apologies for your lego aversion - you are truly missing out on one of the great treasures of childhood.... :) Good thing you are an awesome Nana, so we will just let that one slide..

Nana said...

Thanks for the slide. I'll take it. Maybe I will try again to like lego's. Just not sure I can make it happen.