Thursday, September 11, 2008

Who Is In Control Here?

I can still remember getting out of the shower that morning and answering the phone. My daughter-n-law called to tell me what was going on. I turned on the TV and this is what I saw.
Wow! In America, how can this happen? How sad and scarry it was to watch the TV for days on end to see what hatred can do. To see so many innocent lives taken, so much tragedy, and distruction . How many of us wondered over and over HOW could this happen. But...through it all we know God is in control. Why we have all the tragedy in the world who can say, but we do know God is still in control. My sympathy to the families that even after 7 years are so heartbroken over this. We should NEVER forget, and we need to be sure that who we elect will have a strong desire to protect America from going through this again. They are not going to stop trying to destroy America, and it won't help if we just try to be nice to them. We were being nice and look what happened. One thing it shows, is life is not certain and can end quickly and we need to be ready to meet our Lord. God Bless America. We (America) needs to put God back into America. We need to PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, and then go out and VOTE.
Yikes....here comes IKE! Another storm on the way. This year has been a big one for these storms. We saw what just a mere tropical storm can do in Fay. Imagine what Ike will do. Please be praying for those in the path of this storm. It is a big one. I feel so much for those who have to deal with it. Again we wonder or at least I do. WHY? Why all the destruction? Could it be God calling us to Him and letting us know HE is in control and we need to be serving HIM and not man, or money, or whatever else we are serving? I do believe the end time is near. But if you belong to Jesus you can have peace through all these times. It is past time to put God first in our life and America needs to realize this.

1 comment:

Florida Girl said...

I'm glad you posted this. I have been reflecting on a lot of this today and remembering so many families that have been changed forever by 9/11 and storms.