Wednesday, September 24, 2008

40/40 Forty Day Prayer Vigil

"God has given us a promise that can change America IF enough of God's people heed the call to live out the Gospel in our time, shining like stars against the darkness of our culture, reflecting the sunlight of God's Son. But that starts with our willingness to be humbled--to recognize that it's God's way or no way. It's not God and country; it's God alone. Only then can God use us--His people --for His purposes in our land." Richard Land, President Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission

Our church begins a 40 day prayer vigil today. We were given booklets to follow and they are a great outline to follow for the next 40 days. IF we as Christians don't do anything we can be assured our country will continue to go downhill. We have a great opportunity to pray and then vote to make a change in what is a very crucial time for our country. If enough Christians will earnestly pray I believe God will hear and heal our land. He says HE will.

"If..My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:13-14.
I am excited about our 40 day prayer vigil. I believe God is just waiting for Christians to finally start being the salt and light of the world and praying for our country. It will be interesting to see what happens on November 4. Will you take the challenge???

1 comment:

Karen said...

Check your bookstores because I picked up a free 40 days of prayer for our nation booklet.