Monday, July 14, 2008

HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY TO KIRSTEN!!!

Today is my first grand-childs 13th Birthday. It is hard to believe that 13 years ago today I became a Nana. As most grand parents know, when you become a grand-parent it is far more exciting than you could ever imagine. I always heard how wonderful it was, but always thought what is all the hype about. How much better can it be than just being a mom. WELL.......... It is!
I am not sure why, maybe because you just get the good stuff when you are a grand-parent. But I do know it is just the best place in life to be. I wouldn't trade being Nana for anything. And Kirsten, you were the one that first made me a Nana.

Kirsten loves horses. It is such a big part of her life and she does it all. She rides, and takes care of them. She loves being in the barn and stables. She even loves the smell of horses. She just can't get enough of horses. She reads about them, she writes about them. One day she may run her own horse back riding stable. She would be very good at it.

Kirsten is eating a piece of watermelon from Papa's garden with Emily. When we planted the watermelons, I wanted to be sure they would be ready for the 4th of July. They were and all the grand-children got to enjoy them. I now have 4 grand-children (as most of you have heard.,..over and over again). But it just keeps getting better. Whether they are 2 or 13, there is Nothing more wonderful on earth than having grand-children. I just wanted to take time out to wish a VERY special grand-daughter a very HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

We love you Kirsten, and we are very proud of you. You are my favorite 13 year old in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!


No comments: