Saturday, May 10, 2008

That's enough for now!

We have been working on the yard all Spring trying to get it in shape before it gets hot. Well it is now HOT and I say enough for now. Other than maintaining it and that is plenty of work this is what we have got done. This is the big flower bed in the front yard. The arbor is full of jasmin that smells wonderful. I however don't get on that swing because who knows what lurks up there?
Right now it is full of day lilly's but you can't really tell for all the asparagus ferns.
This is my contribution to vegtable gardening. I have two patio tomatoe plants. As you can see the are full of little tomatoes. Hopefully they will do well. These are the small cherry tomatoes.
This was the last area we did. This is actually in the middle of the project after Gary had dug up all the grass. This is now ready for the rocks and getting ready to plant.


This is the before picture. Dear husband does all the hard stuff. He dug up all that grass by hand by his self. I tried weed killer, but it was too big of an area.

The rocks are down and the plants are in. They are small but should grow quite big by summer.
They are varigated weigela. Never heard of them, but they are supposed to be easy to grow and attract humming birds and butterflys. So we will see how it goes.
My plummosa plant. It is getting very big already and I had cut it way back. It will soon be hanging in the pool and will have to cut it back some more.
Now it is getting time for the fun part. SWIMMING. Come on over for a swim. Tanek and I will probably start swimming this next week. The water is getting pretty warm. Can't wait til the grand-daughters come down in June. They are little fishes and love the water.
I added this fountain. It comes off the side of the pool and looks really pretty when it is going.
This used to be a rose garden. There are a few left but each year one or more die. I am not replacing them. They are way to much trouble and I much rather be playing in the pool with my grand-children than trying to keep them alive. They just don't like our sandy soil. So this is it.
I am pretty much finished for the summer. It is now time to play. As you can see, even maintaining will take some time every week. But if you want to swim, come on over. The pool is open!



3 comments:

Florida Girl said...

This all looks great Nana! You both have worked so hard and it really shows. I'm coming over to take pictures of your jasmine covered swing. It's beautiful and I will chance the things lurking in there. haha I also can't wait for those girls from Maryland to get here.

Karen said...

I would chance sitting in the swing too! It's beautiful and all the flowers are so pretty - that asparagus fern goes nuts, doesn't it? I had some in a potted plant and it ended up all over the place. All the hard work has paid off and it's time to enjoy now! Take a swim for this FL girl living in the Tundra.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Looks great Nana! But I don't believe you when you say you are done!! You know you can't sit still. You'll have another outdoor project before the week is up. (I don't know where I get that from!) We can't wait to get in your pool! We are still wearing sweaters and I even ran the heat in the house today....sigh.....