Saturday, March 20, 2010

Our newest addition

This afternoon when I was working in the yard, I pulled up some grassy weeds and disturbed this little guys home. There were two of them and they took off running. Certainly scared me until I saw what it was. I caught this one and he squeeled so much that the other one took off and I couldn't find him. I am hoping he will come back to his place where he was. I didn't want him to get caught by the dogs and cats that run loose around here so I am keeping this one on our back porch.
Several years ago I kept a rabbit on our back porch for 4 years. He was trained to go in a litter box and we fed him rabbit food and carrots and lettuce. I may keep this little guy for awhile if he stays pretty tame. Tanek had fun petting him today. He will just snuggle in your hands when you hold him.
We haven't come up with a name for him or her yet. But isn't it sweet?




2 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Hi Nana - This is Emily - "I hope summer is coming soon so we can see the baby rabbit. I wish that we were coming right now. I can't wait to hold the baby bunny. I think you should name him Tiny, because he is! I love you Nana and Papa."

Hi Nana - It's Hannah. "The baby rabbit is so cute! I really miss you and I hope it's really warm there. We have had 70 degrees and sunny all week. The bunny is so tiny! Love, Hannah"

Nana said...

Tiny is a cute name too. We have been calling him "baby bunny". He sits in my lap very snuggly, but he still trys to run from me. He is so cute. I am hoping we can tame him. He would make a good pet. We have him in a cage so that might tame him some. At least I can catch him in the cage.
He is very cute.